WORK LIKE A MOTHER WITH INDEED.COM AND THE WILTON YMCA PRESENT
THE 2019 WINTER JOB SEARCH ACADEMY.
A 3 day intensive program
February 27, March 6, March 13
FEBRUARY 27 10am – 2pm
Career Reinvention for Stay at Home Mothers:Your path to purpose, direction and professional confidence while raising your children and after they leave home
Dr. Hilary Berger
- A results-oriented class for stay at home moms who are ready and willing to tackle obstacles to navigating a successful professional re-invention.
- Overcome obstacles including psychological issues, lack of confidence, skill gaps and lack of direction.
- Position yourself for professional success, either now or in the future by learning how to interview and articulate value
- Put yourself back on the map during and after raising your children,
- Live more authentically and be fulfilled without compromising your parenting choices.
March 6 . 10am – 2pm .
RESUME WRITING POST CHILDREN – What you must know about writing successful resumes in 2018
Lesley Vanderlee 10-12:30pm
- How writing resumes has changed in every way possible
- Understand the application tracking system that screens you out before you even get looked at – if you are not informed
- Create a resume with keywords to draw recruiters to you
Learn tips on “closing the gap” since having kids, re-framing volunteer activities for maximum impact, and adding up-to-date terms to refresh early experience
LINKEDIN: Will LinkedIn someday replace the resume? It is increasingly important in the job search – both for networking and research.
Lesley Vanderlee 1-2pm
- Create or expand a LinkedIn profile using search engine optimization techniques
- Learn how to use LinkedIn to search for the latest trends and terminology relevant to your job search
MARCH 13 . 10am-2pm
Online Job Search with Indeed.com and Interview Skills Training
Taught by Professionals from Indeed.com
Part 1- 10-11:30am LEARNING TO USE INDEED FOR AN OPTIMIZED JOB SEARCH
- Learn how to run targeted searches on Indeed.com to find the right fit for you.
- Learn best practices for communicating with potential employers.
Part 2- 12-2pm HANDS-ON ONLINE JOB SEARCH COACHING WITH INDEED.COM
Put your new skills to work and begin your online job search!
- The Indeed.com team will provide each workshop participant with one-on-one coaching for streamlining and customizing your search, and staying organized with your online applications.
- Learn the tricks for how to structure your search to be seen by employers. Say goodbye to the black hole of online job searching.
ACADEMY REGISTRATION DETAILS
Dates – Feb 27, March 6, March 13
Inclement weather dates: 2/28,3/7,3/14
Time – 10am-2pm – 30 minut
e break for lunch
The Wilton YMCA
404 Danbury Road, Wilton Ct
Wilton Y Members: $450.00
Non Y Members: $550.00
Lunch: Coffee provided, bring or buy lunch at cafe
Questions – email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 203 305-9191
Search “Work like a Mother”