Our Academy participants are getting great jobs and are current, confident, marketable!
- 4 hours hands-on training with indeed.com for your customized job search
- 4 hours expert resume training to optimize online searching
- 2 hours of LinkedIn training to build your strategic profile
- 2 hours of career clarification and elevator pitch preparation
We tackle the real issues that prevent women from succeeding with career re-invention, leading to renewed confidence, competence and jobs. This is for all women ready to learn skills whether you are at home, a solopreneur, or are currently employed.
6 Week Program meeting from 10am-12pm
Dates: February 21,28,March 7,14,21,28
Building professional relevance while job searching
- Learn the Work Like a Mother professional mapping process to structure activities, build your network and confidence
- Organize your professional experience, skills and accomplishments – including volunteer work – to prepare to write your resume
- Learn basic cognitive restructuring skills necessary to build strength in conquering your fears of taking risks
- Pre-work for Elevator Pitch and Interviewing
What you must know about writing resumes in 2018
- How writing resumes has changed in every way possible in the age of online job search
- Understand the application tracking system that screens you out before you even get looked at if you are not informed
- Create a resume with keywords to draw recruiters to you
- Learn tips on “closing the gap” since having kids, re-framing volunteer activities for maximum impact, and adding up-to-date terms to refresh early experience
Resume Hands-on Lab: Your resume make-over, before and after
- Using ‘before and after’ examples from successful WLAM alumnae, learn strategies to tell a powerful story and get noticed in the online job search.
- Bring your current resume if you want instant feedback.
LinkedIn Basics Lab
Will LinkedIn will someday replace the resume? It is increasingly important in the job search – both for networking and research.
- Create or expand a LinkedIn profile using search engine optimization techniques
- Learn how to use LinkedIn to search for the latest trends and terminology relevant to your job search
Online Job Search with Indeed.com
Alana D’Angelica, VP Client Services, Indeed.com
Indeed.com is the world’s most comprehensive job search engine. An Indeed.com exec will show you how to run targeted searches on Indeed.com to find the right fit for you, discuss best practices for communicating with potential employers, and share tips for navigating your job search.
Hands-on ONE ON ONE Online Job Search Coaching with the Indeed.com Job Squad
Alana D’Angelica and Job Squad Team, Indeed.com
Put your new skills to work and begin your online job search! The Indeed.com team will return to provide you with one-on-one coaching for streamlining and customizing your search, and staying organized and efficient with your online applications. Learn the tricks for how to structure your search with Indeed.com to be seen and reach employers. Say goodbye to the black hole of online job searching.
ACADEMY REGISTRATION DETAILS
Dates: February 21,28,March 7,14,21,28
404 Danbury Road, Wilton Ct 06897
Early Bird Pricing:
Before February 9th Wilton Y Members $399, Non Members $499
After February 9th: Wilton Y Members $449, Non Members $549
Questions: email email@example.com or call 203 305-9191
Search “Work like a Mother”
More praise for The WLAM Job Search Academy:
One of the most important gifts I gave myself this year was permission to be completely lost and admit it – without guilt and shame. Then I allowed myself to be “rescued” little by little by Hilary and her methods, by the patient coaching from a talented group of professional women who teach the skills I needed to acquire, and by the new friendships I made with women brave enough to show up and be vulnerable along with me. Thank you to all of them. Who knew what was waiting for me?”
Susan, Wilton CT
I just completed my first WLAM Career Academy with Hilary and I cannot say enough great things! She has developed a fantastic program which has helped me to move from a foggy-headed mom back to a clear-spoken and motivated woman looking for my next professional challenge. The tools she uses are tools I can use forever, and they have helped me to identify which life path I will go down next. Absolutely wonderful. Thank you Hilary! We are all very lucky to have worked with you.