WORK LIKE A MOTHER®
JOB SEARCH ACADEMY
Begins April 27, 2020
CAREER CLARIFICATION learn how to
reinvent yourself, assess your best future path, and build renewed confidence professionally with successful and proven method for mothers
RESUME WRITING to optimize online searching
- LINKEDIN session o build your strategic profile and learn to research industries
- INTERVIEW COACHING and Elevator Pitch Training
- JOB SEARCH TRAINING WITH INDEED.COM – one on one customized job search with indeed staff
*Encouraged to complete the Fast Track To Re-Invention Program prior to taking this program
What recent participants say about our academy:
One of the most important gifts I gave myself this year was permission to be completely lost and admit it – without guilt and shame. Then I allowed myself to be “rescued” little by little by Hilary and her methods, by the patient coaching from a talented group of professional women who teach the skills I needed to acquire, and by the new friendships I made with women brave enough to show up and be vulnerable along with me. Thank you to all of them. Who knew what was waiting for me?”
Susan, Wilton CT
I just completed my first WLAM Career Academy with Hilary and I cannot say enough great things! She has developed a fantastic program which has helped me to move from a foggy-headed mom back to a clear-spoken and motivated woman looking for my next professional challenge. The tools she uses are tools I can use forever, and they have helped me to identify which life path I will go down next. Absolutely wonderful. Thank you Hilary! We are all very lucky to have worked with you.
“I accepted a job offer yesterday.
Discovering you & WLAM helped keep me positive, enabled me to believe in myself and not feel like I was too old to reinvent myself. The classes on resumes, job search and branding were all instrumental in positioning me for my next move. You provide a wonderful service and support system for women who are juggling the challenges of motherhood while continuing to move forward professionally. So glad I met you and I will stay in touch.”
Karen, Fairfield CT
*Monday April 27th – 10am – 2pm
(4 hour class)
Your path to purpose, direction and professional confidence while raising your children and after they leave home
*(this is the only session that meets for 4 hours, remaining class sessions are 2 hours )
Dr. Hilary Berger
- A results-oriented class for stay at home moms who are ready and willing to tackle obstacles to navigating a successful professional re-invention.
- Overcome obstacles including psychological issues, lack of confidence, skill gaps and lack of direction.
- Position yourself for professional success, either now or in the future by learning how to interview and articulate value
- Put yourself back on the map during and after raising your children,
- Live more authentically and be fulfilled without compromising your parenting choices.
May 4 10am – 12pm
RESUME WRITING FOR TODAY’S DIGITAL OPTIMIZATION PART 1 – What you must know about writing successful resumes in 2020
- How writing resumes has changed in every way possible
- Understand the application tracking system that screens you out before you even get looked at – if you are not informed
- Create a resume with keywords to draw recruiters to you
Learn tips on “closing the gap” since having kids, re-framing volunteer activities for maximum impact, and adding up-to-date terms to refresh early experience
May 11, 10am-12pm
PART 2 RESUME WRITING SESSION AND A LINKEDIN WORKSHOP: HOW TO USE LINKEDIN TO BE SEEN BY EMPLOYERS AND TO RESEARCH JOB OPPORTUNITIES
- Create or expand a LinkedIn profile using search engine optimization techniques
- Learn how to use LinkedIn to search for the latest trends and terminology relevant to your job search
MAY 18TH 10am-12pm .
Dr. Hilary Berger
- Learn how to inventory your skills and successfully articulate your value on a job interview to get the job you want
MAY 26TH . 10-12 (TUESDAY DUE TO MEMORIAL DAY
ONE ON ONE JOB SEARCH COACHING WITH INDEED.COM
10am – 12pm
- The Indeed.com team will provide each workshop participant with one-on-one coaching for streamlining and customizing your search
- Learn the tricks for how to structure your search to be seen by employers. Say goodbye to the black hole of online job searching.
ACADEMY REGISTRATION DETAILS
Dates – 4/27,5/4,5/11,5/18,5/26
Time – first session 4 hours – 10am-2pm (Bring lunch)
Remaining 4 sessions – 10am-12pm
Location – TBA – Westport or Wilton Ct
Cost: Early Bird $395 before April 1
$450 after April
Questions – email email@example.com or call 203 305-9191
Bookings are closed for this event.